Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New perspective.

As I was looking in the mirror today, the same thoughts popped into my head. "Why can't I be as skinny as a model" "Why aren't I popular" "Why can't I be as beautiful as all the other girls" etc. Then it hit me...I AM BEAUTIFUL. I may not be exactly what media portrays as "pretty", but I am. Everyone is. It doesn't matter if you are short, tall, skinny, fat, blonde, or brunette. Everyone has great qualities about them. You do NOT have to be a picture perfect model to be beautiful. I wish that everyone could see that. You are good at something, you are beautiful, and you are amazing in your own way! Because society is so close minded, and only believes that there is one type of beautiful, girls kill themselves to try to fit those standards. I want you to know that none of it matters, and you are perfect just the way you are!  ♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Hello Victoria--found you through Kali--met you about a month ago at church--bravo sweetie! This is a mind shift that needs to become a movement. You are way ahead of the curve on this one...I am turning 30 this year and about 4 months ago is the first time I have been able to look in the mirror and say, "You are beautiful just as you are." What a beautiful message you are sending out into the world and what a difference it can make. I can't wait to see where this goes...found this today and thought you might like it--read the mission page to see what it's about:
    http://operationbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete